About the Seller & Store Shopping Terms and Conditions
About the Seller
Ekolokal Co., Ltd.
Representative Directors Noriko Shindo and Helene Queguiner
3-10-18 Nishigotanda, Shinagawa-ku
City Tower Meguro 503
10:00-17:00 (except Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays)
Phone Number: 090-2417-3740 (※Available 11:00-17:00 on weekdays only)
Products selling prices
See individual product pages.
Once subscribed to the membership, the appropriate discount will be applied to the relevant products in your shopping cart.
Monthly membership subscription: ¥1,000JPY, renewed automatically every month on the day. You can cancel your membership anytime. You will keep the members' price until the end of your last membership period.
Delivery charges: free for members on all orders above ¥10,000JPY, ¥660JPY for non members and orders below ¥10,000JPY for members for Honshu, ¥800JPY for Hokkaido, Shikoku, and Kyushu, ¥1500JPY for Okinawa.
Consumption Tax: See individual product pages.
Available payment methods
Credit card payment, Paypal, Shop Pay or Google Pay.
Payment is confirmed at the time of ordering
※Please check with your credit card company for the precise timing of when you will be billed for the purchase.
The goods will be dispatched within 2-4 working days of the order date.
Returns, Exchanges, and Refunds
【For Damaged goods or goods sent in error】
We are doing our best to fulfil your orders accurately and on time, with the best quality of products.. However, if you receive a faulty item, please get in touch with our customer service firstname.lastname@example.org within one week of delivery, and we will proceed with a refund. We will get back to you within 2 business days.
【Cancelling due to customer request】
You are not eligible for an exchange, cancel, or refund if you ordered a product by mistake.
If there is a return or exchange due to customer request, the customer shall pay for the shipping costs incurred. For exchanges or returns of any faulty items, Ekolokal shall pay for the shipping.
※If there is to be an exchange of item, it will depend on whether we have sufficient inventory of the eligible item. If we are out of stock on the eligible item we will proceed with a refund.
Terms and Conditions
The Épicerie Terms and Conditions
The Épicerie Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as, "These Terms and Conditions") apply to the site and service service (the-epicerie.com) (hereinafter referred to as, "the Service") under the name "The Épicerie" operated by Ekolokal Co.,Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as, "the Company"). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Service.
Article 1 (Scope of Application of these Terms and Conditions)
- These Terms and Conditions define the terms and conditions of use of the Service, and shall apply to all relationships between the customer and the Company that arise in connection with the use of the Service.
- By using the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Article 2 (Use of the Service)
- Minors may not use the Services without the prior consent of a qualified legal representative.
- Residents outside of Japan are not eligible to use the Service.
Article 3 (Contents of the Service)
The contents of the Service shall be as set forth in each of the following items.
- Purchase of products in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and the usage methods described on the Service.
- Use of other services provided by the Company for customers through the Service
Article 4 (Membership Registration)
- Upon agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, customers may use all of the Services by registering as a member through the prescribed procedures.
- Membership registration shall be deemed approved when the Company sends an email notification of registration completion after the customer's application for membership registration.
- The Company may not approve a customer's membership application if any of the following conditions apply. The Company shall not be obligated to disclose any reason for such disapproval.
- If there is any false or inaccurate information in the membership application
- If you have been suspended in the past for violating the terms and conditions of the services provided by the Company
- The applicant is a minor, an adult ward, a person under curatorship, or a person under assistance, and has not obtained the consent of a legal representative, guardian, conservator, or assistant.
- If it is found that the applicant has committed any of the acts set forth in Article 16 (Prohibited Matters) in the past.
- If the member has violated or is likely to violate Article 18 (Representations, Warranties and Assurances)
- If the Company determines, based on reasonable grounds, that membership registration is not appropriate for any other reason
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 1 of this Article, you may purchase products sold through the Service without registering as a member (hereinafter referred to as "Guest Purchase") by agreeing to the Terms and Conditions and following the prescribed procedures. In such a case, some functions of the Service may not be available.
Article 5 (Change of Registration Details)
If there is any change in the registered information, the member shall immediately change the registered information in the manner prescribed by the Company.
Article 6 (Management of Account Information)
- You are responsible for the proper management and storage of your email address, password, etc. (hereinafter referred to as "Account Information") that you have entered when registering as a member of the Service or purchasing a Guest Service. The customer shall be responsible for the appropriate management and storage of the email address, password, etc. (hereinafter referred to as "Account Information") entered by the customer at the time of membership registration for the Service and guest purchase.
- You shall not allow any third party to use, lend, transfer, pledge, sell, trade, change the name of, or disclose your Account Information.
- If your Account Information is leaked to a third party, or if you discover that your Account Information has been or may be used fraudulently, you shall immediately notify the Company, and if the Company instructs you to do so, you shall comply with the Company's instructions.
Article 7 (Purchase of Products)
- If you wish to purchase a product through the Service, you shall apply for the purchase of the product in accordance with the method separately prescribed by the Company.
- A purchase agreement for a Product under the Service shall be deemed to be formed when you click the "Place Order" button after confirming the delivery address, order details, and other information you have entered or registered for the purchase of the Product, and when an e-mail confirming the contents of your order is subsequently received by you from the Company.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the event that a customer commits an illegal or inappropriate act, violates these Terms and Conditions, or is suspected of committing such an act in connection with the use of the Service, the Company may cancel or terminate the purchase agreement, claim compensation for damages, or take any other action that the Company deems appropriate.
Article 8 (Shipping of Products)
Products delivered through this service shall be delivered to domestic addresses only (some areas are not available for shipping). The delivery method and the number of days required for delivery will vary depending on the product and your location.
Article 9 (Return and Exchange of Products)
- In the event that a product is defective, we will accept returns, exchanges, or refunds only if you contact us at the designated e-mail address or telephone number within seven (7) days of receipt of the product.
- Shipping costs for exchanging defective products shall be borne by the Company.
- If we do not have the same item in stock, we will proceed with a refund. Otherwise, we will exchange the faulty item for the same item.
Article 10 (Cancellation and Change of Orders)
- Cancellation or change of an order made by the customer shall be permitted only before the start of the shipment procedure, and no cancellation or change shall be permitted after the start of the shipment procedure.
- We reserve the right to cancel an order in the event that a defect is discovered prior to shipment and we are unable to prepare a replacement product.
- We reserve the right to cancel an order in the event that we are unable to complete delivery due to an unknown destination, long-term absence, etc., despite having made a delivery visit to the customer's designated location. The Company shall not be liable for any failure to deliver the product for this reason.
Article 11 (Method of Payment)
- Payment of the Product Price shall be made by credit card in the name of the Customer or by a payment method separately approved by the Company.
- In the case of payment by credit card, you shall comply with the terms and conditions of any separate agreement you may have with the credit card company, and you shall be responsible for resolving any disputes between you and the credit card company in connection with the use of your credit card. The customer shall be responsible for resolving such disputes at his/her own responsibility.
Article 12 (Transfer of Ownership)
Ownership of the goods and the burden of risk shall pass to you at the time we deliver the goods to the delivery company.
- The Company may, at its discretion, use and disclose information, data, etc. provided by customers to the Company as statistical information in a form that does not identify individuals, and customers shall not object to this.
Article 14 (Suspension, Interruption, Change, or Termination of the Service)
- The Company may suspend or discontinue the Service, in whole or in part, without prior notice to you, in any of the following cases:
- In the event of periodic or emergency inspection, repair, or maintenance of computer systems related to the Service
- In the event that provision of the Service becomes impossible due to computer or communication line failures, mishandling, excessive concentration of access, unauthorized access, hacking, etc.
- In the event that provision of the Service becomes impossible due to force majeure such as earthquake, lightning, fire, windstorm, flood, power outage, other natural disasters, war, riot, disturbance, infectious disease, etc.
- In the event that the Company is unable to receive appropriate service from the telephone company, transportation company, or provider with which the Company has contractedIn the event that the Company is technically unable to respond to a problem
- In the event that the Company deems it necessary to suspend or discontinue the system for other unavoidable reasons
- The Company may, at its discretion, change or terminate the Service, in whole or in part, without prior notice to the customer.
Article 15 (Disclaimer)
- The Company does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of price listings, product descriptions, or any other information posted on the Site related to the Services.
- Unless otherwise specified, the warranty for products purchased through this service shall be in accordance with the contents of the product warranty card attached to the product, and the Company shall not guarantee any points other than those described in the product warranty card. With regard to products that are not covered by a product warranty from the seller, we make no warranty of quality, materials, function, performance, compatibility with other products, fitness for purpose, or any other kind. However, this excludes cases of intentional or gross negligence on the part of the Company.
- The Company makes no warranty of any kind (including but not limited to legality, validity, accuracy, certainty, safety, currency, and completeness) and assumes no responsibility for the content, customer use, or results of use of the URLs and other linked websites within the Service.
- The Company shall not be liable for any suspension, discontinuance, modification, or termination of the Service due to any of the items of Article 14.1 or Article 14.2.
- We shall not be liable for any damages incurred by you arising out of or in connection with your failure to properly change the contents of your registration information in accordance with Article 5.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by you arising out of or in connection with inadequate management of your account information, errors in use, unauthorized use by a third party, or any other violation of the provisions set forth in Article 6.
- The Company shall be liable for damages incurred by the Customer arising out of or in connection with the Service for reasons attributable to the Company, including cases where the disclaimer set forth in this Agreement does not apply, up to the amount equivalent to the price of the Product, limited to ordinary and direct damages actually incurred by the Customer, unless the Company has committed intentional or grossly negligent acts. The Company shall be liable for damages up to the amount equivalent to the price of the product.
Article 16 (Prohibited Matters)
In using the Service, you shall not engage in any of the following acts, or any act that the Company deems to fall under any of the following items.
- Actions that violate these Terms and Conditions
- Acts in violation of laws and regulations, criminal acts, or acts related to illegal activities
- Acts that offend public order and morals
- Acts that infringe on the intellectual property rights, portrait rights, design rights, trademark rights, patent rights, privacy, honor, or other rights or interests of the Company or any third party
- Actions that cause disadvantage, damage, or discomfort to the Company or a third party
- Actions that defame or slander the Company, users of the Service, or other third parties, or that damage their honor or credibility.
- Use (including, but not limited to, reproduction, transfer, modification, distribution, transmission, or publication) of content provided through the service beyond the scope of personal use without the prior consent of the Company. Acts that interfere with the operation of the Service
- Interfering with the operation of this service.
- Unauthorized access to the Company's network or systems, or transmission of harmful computer viruses, etc.
- Reverse engineering or other analysis of the software or other systems provided by the Company.
- Excessive overloading of the service's network or systems.
- Use of the Service for commercial purposes (including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, solicitation, or sales activities on the Service) without the prior consent of the Company.
- Collecting or storing account information or personal information of other users of the Service.
- Impersonating a third party other than oneself.
- Using the Service by utilizing the account information of other users of the Service.
- Multiple membership registrations by the same customer without the prior consent of the Company.
- Actions that may aid, solicit, force, or encourage any of the aforementioned actions.
- Other acts that the Company deems inappropriate.
Article 17 (Suspension of Use, etc.)
The Company may, without prior notice or demand, suspend or limit your use of the Service, delete all or part of your account information, terminate your membership registration, or take any other action against you if any of the following grounds apply. The Company shall not be obligated to disclose the reasons for such measures.
- In case of violation of laws, regulations, or these Terms and Conditions
- If it is found that there is a false fact in the contents of the member registration or account information
- If it is found that the registered e-mail address has been disconnected
- If it is found that your account information has been or is likely to be used in an unauthorized manner
- If you engage in any conduct that unreasonably inconveniences other customers or other third parties
- When the Company deems that there is a high frequency of cancellations or returns of orders without justifiable reason on the Service.
- When any of the items in Article 4.3 applies
- When any of the items in Article 16 applies
- If the Company deems it inappropriate for you to continue using the Service or registering as a member for any other reason.
In the event that any of the items in the preceding paragraph applies, the customer shall naturally lose the benefit of time with respect to all debts owed to the Company, and shall immediately pay all debts owed to the Company.
Article 18 (representations, warranties and covenants)
- You (including, if you are a corporation, your representatives, officers, managers, employees, or persons substantially involved in the management of the corporation, its parent company, or its subsidiaries) represent and warrant that you are and will be (or, if the customer is a corporation, its own representative, officer, manager, employee, or any person substantially involved in its management, parent company, or subsidiary company) represents and warrants that it does not and will not fall under any of the following items.
- Boryokudan (organized crime groups), Boryokudan members, persons who have not been Boryokudan members for less than 5 years, quasi-organized Boryokudan members, Boryokudan-affiliated companies, general assemblymen, etc., socially motivated crime groups, or special intelligence crime groups, or other persons equivalent thereto (hereinafter referred to as "Boryokudan Members, etc.").
- Having a relationship with Boryokudan-in etc. that is deemed to involve unjustified use of Boryokudan-in etc. for purposes such as seeking unjustified profits for oneself or a third party, or for purposes of inflicting damage on a third party.
- Having a relationship that is deemed to involve Bouryokudanin, etc. in the provision of funds, etc. or benefits, etc. to Bouryokudanin, etc.
- Having a socially reprehensible relationship with Bouryokudanin, etc.
Customers shall make a firm promise not to engage in any of the following acts by using themselves or a third party
- Violent demand acts
- Unreasonable demands beyond legal responsibility
- Acts of threatening words or deeds or using violence in connection with transactions
- Acts of spreading false rumors, using deceptive means, or using force to damage the Company's credibility or obstruct the Company's business
- Any other acts similar to those described in the preceding items.
Article 19 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- All intellectual property rights and all other rights to all content provided in the Service ("Intellectual Property Rights, etc.") belong to the Company or third parties that own the rights to said content, etc. All intellectual property rights and other rights (hereinafter referred to as "Intellectual Property Rights, etc.") to all content, etc. provided in the Service belong to the Company or third parties who own the rights to said content, etc. You shall not reproduce, reprint, modify, translate, edit, transmit, or otherwise use any of the contents of the Service without the prior permission of the rights holder, nor shall you engage in any act that infringes the rights of the rights holder.
- The permission to use the Service under these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a license to use the intellectual property rights, etc. of the Company or any third party that holds the rights to such Content, etc., in relation to the Service.
Article 20 (Customer Responsibility)
- You shall assume full responsibility for your own use of the Service and shall not cause any damage to the Company, other Customers, or third parties.
- If you cause damages to other customers or third parties in violation of these Terms and Conditions or in connection with your use of the Service, you shall be fully responsible for compensating the Company for such damages. In addition, if the Company suffers damages as a result of such acts, you shall compensate the Company for such damages (including reasonable costs and attorney's fees required to resolve disputes). You shall indemnify the Company for such damages.
Article 21 (Notification and Communication)
- Any communication or notification from the Company to you regarding the Service shall be made by any method the Company deems appropriate, such as posting on the Service. In the event that the Company contacts or notifies you at the e-mail address or other contact address included in your account information, the Company shall deem that you have received such contact or notification at the time of sending or transmitting such contact or notification.
- If you wish to notify, contact or inquire of the Company in relation to the Service, you shall do so in the manner prescribed by the Company.
Article 22 (Assignment of Contractual Status, etc.)
- You may not assign, transfer, grant security over, or otherwise dispose of your contractual status under the Terms or your rights or obligations under the Terms to any third party without the prior written consent of the Company.
- In the event that the Company transfers the business related to the Service to a third party (including business transfer, company split, or any other case in which the business is transferred to a third party), the Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such transfer. ), the Company may transfer the contractual status based on these Terms and Conditions, rights and obligations based on these Terms and Conditions, customer registration details, and other information to the transferee of such transfer, and the customer shall be deemed to have agreed in advance to such transfer in this paragraph.
Article 23 (Severability)
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions or any part thereof is determined to be invalid under the Consumer Contract Act or other laws or regulations, the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the remaining portions of any provision determined to be invalid in part shall continue in full force and effect.
Article 24 (Governing Law and Court of Jurisdiction)
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
- The Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance over any and all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions.
- If there are any discrepancies between this English Terms and Conditions and the Japanese Terms and Conditions, the Japanese Terms and Conditions shall apply.
As of 2023 Feb 27th