Ekolokal Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") recognizes the importance of protecting the personal information of customers of the various services operated and provided by the Company (hereinafter referred to as "the Company's services") and of those who provide personal information to the Company.
2. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
3. Personal information and personally identifiable information to be acquired
We will acquire the following personal information in a lawful and proper manner.
(1) Information we obtain from you when you use our services:
(i) Name, gender, date of birth, address, zip code, telephone number, and other information that can identify a specific individual
(ii) Information such as e-mail address, password, ID, user name, etc. as account information for use of our services
(iii) Name, address, telephone number, and other information about the customer that is used in connection with the account information
(iv) Age, hobbies, family structure, occupation, annual household income, and other personal attribute information linked to specific personal information
(v) Information related to the use of our services, such as the date, time, and number of times you have used our services, which is linked to your account information
(vi) Information about the contents of transactions such as product purchases made through our services, which is acquired in connection with your account information
(vii) Information related to payment and its method
(viii) Information related to surveys, campaigns, sweepstakes, and other service usage
(ix) Information related to customer identification
(x) Information related to the content of customer inquiries and communications, etc.
(2) Personal information acquired in the course of using our services:
(i) Information on terminal identifiers of information and telecommunications equipment
(ii) IP address information
(iii) Information on browsers
(iv) Location information
(v) Cookie information
(vi) Referrer information
(vii) Information on the usage of our services, such as access date and time
(3) Employees and other information to be obtained:
(i) Names, addresses, work histories, and other information concerning applicants for employment
(ii) Information concerning individuals such as our business partners and contractors
(iii) Personal information obtained from third parties with the consent of the customer.
4. Purpose of use
We will use personal information within the scope of the following purposes of use.
(1) Purposes of use of information described in 3.(1) and (2) above:
(i) To operate and provide our services
(ii) To communicate various matters related to our services and to notify necessary matters for the operation of our services
(iii) To inform you of our services, other services and products
(iv) To send mail magazines or direct mail, etc.
(v) To conduct surveys, campaigns, and prize competitions
(vi) To send rewards and prizes to those who cooperated in surveys, campaigns, prize competitions, etc.
(vii) To respond to inquiries from customers and to provide after-sales service.
(viii) To respond to orders for products and other items related to our services and to ship products and other items
(ix) To improve our services, develop products and new services
(xi) To enable customers to log in and use our services smoothly
(xii) To manage customer information
(xiii) To distribute and display advertisements for our services or advertisements of third parties.
(xiv) To distribute and display advertisements and to notify customers of products and services on our services or the services of third parties.
(xv) to conduct research and analysis of marketing data
(xiv) To create and analyze statistical data for use in improving or promoting the use of our services.
Please refer to "10. Use of cookie information, etc." for the purposes of use described in (iv) through (v).
(2) Other purposes of use of acquired information
(1) To select, contact, and process applicants for employment
(2) To manage our business partners and conduct sales activities
5. Restrictions based on purpose of use
We will not use personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use described in the preceding article without obtaining the prior consent of the individual, except as permitted under the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations. In addition, in the event that we acquire personal information as a result of a merger, transfer of business, or otherwise, we will not use such personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use prior to the succession of such personal information without obtaining the prior consent of the relevant individuals.
However, this does not apply in the following cases:
(i) When required by law
(ii) Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person in question
(iii) Cases in which the provision of personal information is particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person in question
(iv) Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a state organ or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and in which obtaining your consent is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
6. Management of personal information
(1) We will keep personal information accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use, and will endeavor to delete said personal information without delay when it is no longer necessary to use it, in accordance with the law.
(2) We will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and to otherwise safely manage personal information, such as establishing rules for the handling of personal information and maintaining discipline in the handling of personal information.
(3) When we allow our employees to handle personal information, we will provide them with necessary and appropriate supervision to ensure the safe management of personal information.
(4) In the event that we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information, we will provide necessary and appropriate supervision to the outsourcee to ensure the safe management of such personal information.
7. Provision to third parties
Except for cases in which disclosure or provision is permitted under the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations, we will not disclose or provide customers' personal information to third parties, except in the following cases.
(i) When the customer has given his/her consent.
(ii) When providing personal information to third parties such as settlement agents, delivery service providers, and other subcontractors for the operation of our services, order fulfillment, product delivery, settlement, and response to inquiries regarding our services.
(iii) When the business is succeeded due to merger, transfer of business, or other reasons
8. Outsourcing the handling of personal information to third parties
We may outsource part or all of the handling of personal information to third parties to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. We will select the third party after thoroughly screening the third party.
9. Procedures for Disclosure, Correction, etc., Suspension of Use, etc.
(1) We accept requests from customers or their representatives for notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, etc., or suspension of provision to a third party (hereinafter collectively referred to as "disclosure, etc.") of personal information. (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Disclosure, etc.") from the customer or proxy in accordance with the following procedures. To request Disclosure, etc., please fill in the details of your request and send it by mail to the "Inquiry Desk" at the bottom of this page. Please note that a handling fee may be charged for disclosure, etc., in accordance with procedures separately stipulated by the Company.
(2) If the claimant is the person himself/herself, please enclose one of the following documents (1) to (5) below by mail to confirm the identity of the claimant.
(i) Copy of driver's license
(ii) Copy of passport
(iii) Original copy of certificate of residence (issued within the last 3 months)
(iv) Original copy of family register (within 3 months of issue)
(v) Copy of residence card
(3) If the person making the request is a representative: In order to verify the identity of both the person making the request and the representative, please send by mail the following documents in addition to one of the identification documents listed in (2) above.
(i) Power of attorney (signed and sealed by the principal (must be the same as the seal registration certificate))
(ii) Certificate of the person's seal impression
(iii) Documents confirming the right of legal representation (only in the case of a legal representative)
(4) In the following cases, we may not be able to respond to a request for disclosure, etc.
(i) When there is a deficiency in the submitted documents or procedures
(ii) When we are unable to confirm the identity of the customer or the identity of a legitimate representative
(iii) When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person in question or a third party
(iv) If there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper execution of our business
(v) If disclosure, etc. would violate laws and regulations
(vi) When it is necessary to cooperate with a state organ or local public body in the performance of its duties under laws and regulations, and notifying the person in question of the purpose of use or publicly announcing it may impede the performance of those duties
(vii) Cases in which there is a risk of harm to the Company's rights or legitimate interests
(viii) When it is recognized that the purpose of use is clear from the circumstances of acquisition
(ix) Other cases where disclosure is not required by laws and regulations.
10. Use of Cookie Information
(1) The Company acquires and uses information related to the use of the Company's services, such as customer cookie information, device identifier, location information, and browser information (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Cookie Information, etc.") in order to provide better services to customers.
(3) The Company automatically receives cookie information, etc. from your browser and records it on the server, and uses it to improve convenience such as maintaining sessions, optimize the content displayed to you, deliver effective advertisements, and understand how our services are being used.
Google Privacy Policies：https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=ja
Google Terms and Conditions：https://policies.google.com/terms?hl=ja
Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on：https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=ja
12. Contact information
As of 2023 Feb 27th