《Makes for 2 adults》in 10 min
This Hummus recipe is what we used as a base for the Hummus we served in our beloved cafe (Slow Ecolab). If you have the time and patience the best way to get the smoothest hummus is to take off the skin of each chickpea.
If you don't have the time for that, make sure to add the ice cube as it will make your hummus fluffier and lighter.
You can also use 255g cooked soy beans instead of the chickpeas for a soy hummus (psst....it's heavier and creamier)!
- 1 can boiled chickpeas (or 260g of boiled dry chickpeas)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 whole lemons (or 4 tablespoons of lemon juice)
- 3 tablespoon chickpea water (from the can, or from your pan if you boiled some dry beans)
- 1-2 Ice cubes
- (Optional) 1 clove garlic
1) Open the can of boiled chickpea, save some chickpea water, and drain rest.
2) Add all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until creamy.
3) Put the hummus into a bowl, and decorate using paprika, other peeled chickpeas and some olive oil. Dip with pita bread, veggie sticks, or just spoon it whole and enjoy!